Tuesday, October 19, 2010

This is actually quite amazing...

Just when I think "It can't get worse" it does.

Three weeks ago, I brought a friend to visit my in-laws.  I put my head on his shoulder and his family saw.  They decided that I was cheating on him.

But wait, it gets better

They decided that, instead of talking to me or my fiance about it, that they should discuss it amongst themselves, and then talk to me or my fiance.

But wait, it gets better

They demanded an explanation, so I took my time in giving it to them, so I wouldn't just fire the first angry email that popped into my mind.  I sent his mother a thoughtful email saying "Look, you misunderstood everything you saw, you've caused he and I a whole lot of sturm and drang we didn't need.  And in addition to that, you've decided to hold a committee to talk about my 'transgression'.  And doesn't the Bible say 'don't gossip, don't judge?'"  And my mother-in-law decides to forward that to everyone on her mailing list.

But wait, it gets better

I posted on my facebook page a blog post, stating that people who claim to be a religion ought to have to take a test on the basic core tenets of that religion, just like immigrants who want to become Americans have to take a test on American history.  I said that I'm dealing with a lot of hypocrisy in my family right now with the whole Christian aspect.  My fiance's eldest brother read that and posted a furious comment, saying that what was I saying about his parents?  I should live my life however I like, but I shouldn't bring it into his parents' house and flaunt it, and that basically he was through with me.

But wait, it gets better

While all this is going on, I'm dealing with drama with a girl in our social circle.  She decided she was going to break up with her fiance by cheating on him with my ex-boyfriend and current roommate.  I talked to her about this via email.  She decided she's gonna bring everyone into this mess, by saying I attacked her, and so on and so forth, while conveniently forgetting to mention that she cheated on her fiance.

But wait, it gets better

She's decided that, since she is impotent against me, she will take it out on my boyfriend and her fiance.  You know, since they have so much to do with this whole mess and all. *rolls eyes*.

And finally?

Got the message today that my psychiatrist has lost his license so all his prescriptions are invalid...I only have 10 pills left of one of my drugs that has really nasty withdrawal symptoms, and the soonest I might possibly be able to see anyone is this Friday.  And that's if the gods smile on me.  The rest of my drugs are waning as well.

So honestly, I want to say "It can't get any worse" but since the universe seems to be a rather perverse place, I know it would just end with someone close to me dying.  That would be intolerable.

*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment